Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Prayer Need

Well, it has been a while since I have been on here and a lot has happened in the HHH (Happy Hough Home).  We went on the cruise and had a good time. There were both highs and lows.  I definitely think that maybe that will be the last cruise that we take.  It is just hard not being able to do what you want to do it when you want to do it. Getting off the boat at the stops was fun in the Bahamas.  BUT on the second stop I took a misstep walking down to the beach and KNEW that I had torn my ACL again.  I have done this before when I was sixteen and it was tough then.  Now I am pregnant and have another life to think about but both of my doctors seem to think that things will be fine.  Last week I went to see the Orthopedist and today I went to see my OB and they both say that surgery is necessary at this time.  My OB said today that I needed to have surgery before 24 weeks gestation and I am 22 and a half weeks right now.  (This is all a little ok a lot overwhelming). My husband has no time to take off of work and my parents are going out of town soon and we have stairs in our home which I will not be able to climb for several weeks postop.  Well, today my mom had an appt to see the same orthopedist because she is having the same surgery at the end of the month, so I tagged along with her.  So he said we would schedule the surgery asap which means TUESDAY!! 

Just pray that the Lord will watch over baby Jude and take care of him during and after the surgery and also pray for Casey because he is going to have to pick up the slack around here. He is going to have to be both mom and dad for a while and I know it is going to be tough for him. I know that he will do great, though.  He is awesome.  

I am glad to be getting this whole ordeal over with before I get too huge to even be able to walk. I will start physical therapy immediately, which will hopefully help with weight gain.  I am relieved that I have done this all before, and so I know what to expect.  

I know that God is sovereign and is in control of all the details of mine and Jude's and Casey's lives and this is all in his perfect timing and for that I am thankful.

Well, I'm going to spend some time with my little man before I head off to work.  Take care God bless


1 comment:

W Weido said...

You are all in my prayers, Hannah. My younger brother tore his ACL three times, so I know what you have coming your way...and, you said, you know too from when you did it so many years ago. I'm able to help if you need it...just call.