Saturday, January 26, 2013

I600A approval

We got our letter in the mail today saying that our immigration status was approved.  Praise the Lord.  It only took about 10 days. We have our check ready and I'm dropping it in the mail today.  The DOSSIER IS COMPLETE.  On to authentication and then to Ethiopia.

I talked to our social worker yesterday and she said that wait times for referral were averaging 12-15 months and that was longer than they had originally told me so that's kind of a bummer.  This is such a long hard process. I had no idea.  She also said that our number will more than likely starts in the 90s :( She did say that special needs children sometimes don't take as long but that we couldn't count on that.  Just praying the Lord will teach us patience and help us to stay encouraged.  We are one big step in a long journey closer to our sweet baby girl!

No comments: